Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Episodes I-III

So I finally got around to buying the 'first' three Star Wars films on DVD. Quite a difference from how keen I was to get my hands on the original saga.

I was waiting for them to release a box-set of all six, but having bought the recent releases of the original trilogy to get the original release versions I thought I might as well take advantage of HMV's 3 for £20 offer. Let's be honest, there was no way I was going to pay £20 each for them, especially not the Flatulent Menace.

I'll find time over the next few weeks to see if my opinions change on them, but I can't see it really. I do believe they got a bit better as they went along. I still hate the end of Revenge of the Sith. Jar Jar Binks should be excised from history forever. What I did see in the extras I've watched on Sith is that most of the stuff that made Anakin & Padme's estrangement believable ended up on the cutting room floor.

George really hates all that story & character development crap, doesn't he?

No comments: