Thursday, August 07, 2008

Vroom!

I bought a new car today!

Well, I say new. It's not, of course, but it's new to us. After several months of trying to make public transport work with a baby we decided we'd had enough. So I'm now the owner of a fairly beat-up silver Rover 25. It'll do me for a year until I get my test passed and my insurance down, although the latter wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. That's not to say that I actively enjoyed the amount of money I shelled out today and I've hardly begun.

The tax is due up in November, it needs body work and a full valet. It has, at least, just been serviced and had its MOT done. Picking it up tomorrow.

I had been planning on buying a Honda Jazz, but they're still too dear and with the new model coming out in January the current model prices will fall then. Or if I'm making more money then I might buy something a bit bigger come renewal time. I did go and look at one at Arnold Clark's, but the whole process of dealing with them just put me off. Even having a connection to the salesman didn't make it a much more pleasant experience. I just don't like some of the thingsd they do. Like refusing to accept a personal cheque for the deposit despite it being on their list of accepted payment methods. Like having to give them a deposit to test drive a car in the first place. Mostly like their refusal to refund my deposit to my card but I have to wait for a cheque from them!

Bastards!

No comments: