Monday, November 24, 2008

Quelle surprise

So, I emailed 'Lucky' Jack. I got a very typical politician's response which, you'll notice, doen's actually answer the question I asked which was "Given that you will no longer be able to commit 100% of your time to being an MSP, will you be taking a commensurate cut in remuneration from the Parliament?" Here's the answer:

Thank you for your email to Jack McConnell MSP. Mr McConnell has asked me to pass on the response below to you:

My new role will be part time and it will involve discussions with the UN, the EU, the African Union, the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe and others to promote and secure agreement for more effective international action, peace keeping and post conflict reconstruction. It is a very exciting role and I hope you will share my view that this is a serious issue requiring urgent attention.

This role is part time and I will be continuing as an MSP. I will also personally continue to support Scottish initiatives in Malawi whenever possible. Please note that my new position will be unpaid.


Not terribly candid.


No comments: