Saturday, January 07, 2006

It Never Rains but it Pours

It Never Rains but it Pours

Well, it's the final week to Xmas and I thought I was pretty sorted. The in-laws had visited at the beginning of the month so we'd done all the family shopping by then. My sister's gift was sussed and there was only the usual torment of trying to figure out my parents' pressies to do. Better yet, I had practically no work booked in for the month so everything I needed to do I had plenty of time for.

Then a role-play got added, then my agent talked me into doing a charity panto' and I finally got the appointment to go get the cyst removed from my head. All this week.

When I actually got to this week it got even worse!

An audition came in at the same time as the role-play, after several hours of running around re-scheduling another audition comes in, but this one's in Edinburgh. More reshuffling until its finally decided that I can't risk the vagaries of public transport so cancel the role-play and the first audition in favour of the newest one in Edinburgh.

It's always like this, though. Every time you think you're sorted out in this business you get times like these. Months without an audition, then several at once, usually timed and/or placed to prevent you from making both of them and all called at the very last minute.

I just want to know what the hell the Universe thinks it's playing at.

No comments: