Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Change?

Speaking of change, is anyone else getting fed up with shop staff just not bothering to give small amounts of change?

For example, feeling a bit peckish the other day I went into KFC and ordered one of their mini-fillets. Just right for a quick bite and probably the healthiest way to eat fast-food. I handed over a £2 coin for this 99p munchie and was given a pound coin in return. When I asked for the penny you should have seen the look I got. Low-brow wage slave behind the counter then says "I've nae pennies." and turns his back.

Not a good way to deal with me.

"Then you'll have to give me a 2p, won't you?" says I. The glare in return for this one almost rivalled one of my own dirty looks, but since he wasn't able to outstare me he then made a big thing of asking the other cashiers for a penny. This is when it became apparent that none of the tills had them. So, is it company policy in the hope that no one will ask? Think about it, most of their products cost something and 99p. They'll see, at the very least 100s of customers every day. Multiply that worldwide and the amount to be, effectively, stolen from their customers is in the millions of pounds.

Don't let the bastards away with it!

When I got my change -practically flung at me - I made a point of very ostentatiously putting it in the charity box. I didn't need it and, had it been in a corner shop & they'd explained, that would probably have been fine. Probably wouldn't actually happen in such a place, mind you.

But that ignorant wee butt-fuck just got my back right up. If I hadn't been in a good mood it might have been calling the manager time.

No comments: